Pin It

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Card

The first card for my blog is a feminine birthday card. It was meant for the mail, so it does not have a lot of dimension. I used a flower stamp from Studio G (Happy Spring, series 30) to make the pattern in the center.
To get the flower evenly spaced, I used my Tim Holtz ruler to mark the page with pencil first. Then I stamped the green portion of the flowers with Versa Magic chalk ink in Tea Leaves. I used Versa Magic in Purple Hydrangea and Pretty Petunia when I stamped the petal portion. I alternated the Pretty Petunia and Tea Leaves along the bottom and top of the card with the stitching stamp from Hero Arts- Sew Artsy set. The "happy birthday" sentiment from Penny Black's Salutations set happened to fit nicely between the stitching! I used the darker purple for that portion.

Then I rounded the corners of the two outer edges of the card and the inner portion, inked the edges with Tea Leaves, and centered it on the card. I made sure the ink was dry and erased my pencil lines that showed around the flowers. I thought that it needed something in the very center to finish it off, so I added a button with purple thread through the center. And Tah-Dah!

Thanks for checkin' in and I hope you can find some inspiration from the card!

Supplies:
   Stamps: Hero Arts - Sew Artsy, Penny Black - Salutations, and Studio G - series 30
   Ink: Versa Magic Chalk Ink in Tea Leaves, Pretty Petunia, and Purple Hydrangea
   Accessories: Buttons Galore & More - Plantation set

Anna

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card.... I love the idea that you used a button. I will keep checking in your blog!!

    ReplyDelete