Pin It

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two is Better than One!

Today I have two cards to share with you. The first is an Easter card that I used Sketch 110 for inspiration for.

I used a Cricut die cut that I stretched out on the computer program to make into the size of a full card (it's 4.25" x 5") . The original shape is from the Wild Cards cartridge. I have the smallest Cricut cutter, but when I use the computer program I can manipulate images to the shapes and sizes that I want!

The papers are from the Garden Party collection and are printed on one side, so making a card out of it works well! There are a couple of pages of borders that I cut apart and used on the top of the card. What I love best about this paper selection is that they come pre-glittered!! AWESOME! On the bottom border strip (pink and brown) I used the Fiskars Apron Lace punch to create the edge. The butterflies I cut out of a different page. I folded the wings up on both sides and glued the body down to give it some dimension. I cut out a second smaller one with the intention of layering it on the one on the front, but decided against it. Waste not, want not - so I put the smaller one inside.


Finally, I stamped the "Happy Easter' with Scarlett Jewel ink on the bottom. The "easter" I spelled out with Inkadinkado- Somerset Alphabet and I used the "happy" from the Papertrey Ink- Wreath for All Seasons set. To add the finishing touch, I went around the edge of the front with a Sharpie maroon marker.


My second card is much, much simpler. It is on brown cardstock with a slight texture.

I stamped three images from Papertrey Ink's Delightful Doilies and the sentiment from Take Three: Summer in Versamark. Then I used white embossing powder and heat-set the image. I didn't like the consistency on some of the areas of the doily, so I touched it up with Ranger's white embossing pen and repeat. An overall easy card!

Thanks for checkin them out and I hope you enjoyed!!

Supplies:
Happy Easter card:
   Cardstock: DCWV Inc. - Garden Party
   Stamps: Inkadinkado - Somerset Alphabet, Papertrey Ink - Wreath for all Seasons
   Ink: Papertrey Ink - Scarlett Jewel
   Other: Sharpie marker, Fiskars Apron Lace punch

Many Thanks card:
   Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Delightful Doilies, Take Three: Summer
   Ink: Versamark
   Other: white embossing powder, Ranger's white embossing pen

Anna

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Anna! Love the unique fold on the first one. Glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

    Please be sure to use a direct link to your blog next time, which would look like this:
    http://annalivoni.blogspot.com/2011/04/two-is-better-than-one.html

    ReplyDelete