Pin It

Monday, May 16, 2011

Bitty Bird Card

Hi All!
I have a couple cards to share today that I made last Saturday. The first one is inspired from a Make It Monday challenge. I used my new Little Bitty Bird stamp set from Papertrey Ink.

I generally don't decorate the inside of cards, but maybe I should start because I like the look of this! I used VersaMark on both pieces of the tealy-green paper with a pattern stamp to create a textured background. Also, I added Diamond Glaze to the birds on the front as well as inside. The white paper with the sentiment is one piece of paper that wraps around from the outside to the inside. That's something that I hadn't done before.

In my next card, I tried to create a 3D effect by stamping some of the flowers with full ink and then others with partial ink. I would stamp one flower then immediately, without re-inking, stamp another. I don't think it really worked. I think that if I had more realistic flowers, versus cartoony, then it might look better.
I accented the two outlined flowers with Stickles glitter and on the other three flowers I added Diamond glaze to the very center. To make the clouds, I hand-drew the shapes on the back of the patterned paper and cut them out with my scissors. I thought they needed a little oomph, so I added the white stitching lines around the shape. Finally, I outlined the whole card with a gray marker.

Thanks for checkin' these out! I love sharing my "work" with others!

Supplies:
Bird Card
   Paper: white card at 5.5" x 4"; teal-green scraps; white scraps
   Stamps: Papertrey Ink- Little Bitty Birds, Mat Stack 1, Think Big Favorites #2, Flower Fusion #2
   Ink: Colorbox- Silk Green, Verdigris, Burnt Copper
   Other: Judi Kins- Diamond Glaze; Le Plume II- red; Fiskars scissors- corkscrew

Flower Card
   Paper: white card 5.5" x 4"; Melissa Frances- Kitschy Kitchen (clouds)
   Stamps: Papertrey Ink- Flower Fusion #2; Hampton Art- Celebrate and Thanks
   Ink: VersaMagic- Tea Leaves, Pink Petunia, Pretty Petunia
   Other: Le Plume II- gray; Inkssentials- white gel pen; Judi Kins- Diamond Glaze; Ranger Stickles- Frosted Lace


~Anna

1 comment:

  1. These are very cute CAS cards Anna! Thanks so much for the blog award--my Internet has been down for a day, just got it back so haven't had a chance to pass it on, but I will soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete