Pin It

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Catch-up Time...

Hi All!
I haven't had time to post the cards that I made over the last week 'til today. So, I have a couple of them to share today :)

The first two are masculine birthday cards that were for my awesome uncle's birthday (one from me, one from my parents- but both made by me). They are both more on the simple side, but I really like them!!!

I find that for masculine cards I tend to go for a more simple design to ensure it looks masculine. This one has a banner stamp on it that I picked up this last week- I bought the stamp set specifically for the banner. I didn't have a blue button, so I took a clearish-white one and colored it with a Sharpie marker to get it the right color. I hadn't done that before and I was really pleased with the outcome!

This one is using the stamps from the Papertrey Ink "Postmarks" set. I distressed the edges to make it look a little aged. The actual sentiment is from the Papertrey Ink's "Wreath for All Seasons".  I think it looks very classic.

My last card could be used for many different occasions: graduation, birthday, job promotion... I made the flowers with triangle cut-outs that I placed together with a piece of tape until I could properly fasten them with the brad. After the pieces were in solid place, I used glitter glue around the edges. The box and the stems are in a dark green Sharpie marker. I drew the stems lightly in pencil first, then I went over them with the marker and after the ink had THOROUGHLY dried, I erased the pencil. I'm thinking of making a variation of this card as a Christmas card. I think the flower kind of looks like a poinsettia.... I'll share it when I make it!

Thanks for checkin' out these cards! I had a blast making them!

Supplies:
Hooray Birthday Card
   Paper: The Paper Company- Kraft
   Stamps: Studio G iCling- IC0117; My Little Shoebox- Cute as a Button
   Ink: Colorbox- Sapphire Silk, Burnt Copper, Verdigris, Black
   Other: Buttons from Buttons Galore & More- plantation; blue Sharpie; black string

Postal Birthday Card
   Paper: The Paper Company- Kraft; Papertrey Ink- True Black; on a white 5.5" x 4" card  
   Stamps: Papertrey Ink- Postmarks, Wreath for All Seasons
   Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Vintage Photo; Colorbox- Merlot, Brown, Black; Studio G- Brown
   Other: scissors to distress the edge of the black cardstock

Red & Green Hooray Card
   Paper: white card at 5.5" x 4", scrap of green and a red with a metallic shimmer
   Stamps: Studio G iCling- IC0117
   Ink: Colorbox- Cranberry  
   Other: green Sharpie; silver brads; ruler; Tulip Silver glitter glue

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment