Pin It

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

CR84FN and CAS-ual Friday Challenges

Hi All!
Today I combined the CAS-ual Friday Challenge with the CR84FN Color Challenge. The CAS-ual Friday Challenge was to create a card with twine/string and buttons; the CR84FN colors were red, yellow, and neutral (I used black and white as neutral colors). Here's the color board:
 For my card, I used my Sew Artsy stamp set by Hero Arts. I hand cut the spools and the sentiment. The sentiment is popped up, but the spools are glued flat.

The black string runs the whole length of the card and is tied off on the inside. I thought about actually wrapping some thread around the spools, but I liked the more simple look from the stamp. The stamp set comes with three sewing patterns- straight stitch, zig-zag, and something else that I don't know the name of.... I used the three of them over and over to create the background in yellow. 


My second card is another of my thank you cards that I still need to send out for my graduation presents. 
The flower stamps are from the Papertrey Ink Flower Fusion #2 set. It's an overall purple card! 
Thanks for checkin' out my creations!!


Supplies:
Thank You SEW Much
   Paper: white card at 5.5" x 4"; white scraps
   Stamps: Hero Arts- Sew Artsy; Papertrey Ink- Damask Designs
   Ink: Colorbox- Cranberry, Antique Pewter; Studio G- yellow
   Other: black string; scissors; yellow buttons (I have no idea where they came from)


You are in my Thoughts
   Paper: white card at 5.5" x 4"; white scraps; Stemma- Victorian (pink)
   Stamps: Papertrey Ink- Tag Its #3, Flower Fusion #2
   Ink: VersaMagic- Malted Mauve, Perfect Plumeria, Pretty Petunia, Purple Hydrangea
   Other: scrap of pink ribbon


~Anna



10 comments:

  1. How fun are these? I'm so glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays, and hope you will keep coming back. I like the spools just as they are, and it was clever to run the twine the entire length of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew cute Anna! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever pairing of the buttons and twines with these stamps! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute cards!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I love the little spools with the buttons! Perfect stamps for this challenge :) I'm so glad you played along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable sewing card! Very clever idea and love the color combo :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I love sewing images and sewing sentiments so this just makes me smile! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anna, LOVE the buttons and sewing thread with that sentiment! SEW CUTE! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the sewing theme is so sweet - the backing faux stitches, the thread reels and, of course, the buttons and thread! Great!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete