Pin It

Monday, May 23, 2011

My First Play Date

Hi All!
I have my first Play Date Cafe card entry. The colors for this challenge were brown, yellow, and blue.

I created a birthday card for my dad with these colors and a card sketch from the CardPatterns blog.
The background is a woodgrain pattern stamped with a blue-gray color and then distressed with a brown. The blue pieces on the top and bottom are also pretty heavily distressed. The big picture doesn't show the pattern well, so I took a close up.
Here's the sketch for the card- it did not turn out the same as the sketch, but most of my cards are not exact matches. I like to think of mine as a more CAS card (clean and simple) version.
I know this is a lot of pictures and not many words, but I think my brain is running a little slow right now... Maybe it'll be better tomorrow! Thanks for checkin' this out!


Supplies
   Paper: cream card at 5.5" x 4"; light blue cardstock; cream scraps
   Stamps: Papertrey Ink- Background Basics Woodgrain, Mat Stack 1, Birthday Basics; Studio G- small polka dots
   Ink: VersaMagic- Aegean Blue; Colorbox- sky gray; Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Vintage Photo; Studio G- light orangy yellow
   Other: brown/cream twine; button from Buttons Galore & More- Plantation; Spellbinders Nestabilities- Labels Thirteen

~Anna

10 comments:

  1. Wow! How pretty (or handsome seeing it's for your dad). I just adore the curvy and symetrical shapes on your card. So stylish. My first time playing along with The Play Date Cafe Too. Gorgeous card, that I am sure they will just love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my , so fabulous!!! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful entry for our gallery at The Play Date Cafe...we are SO glad you were able to play with us for the first time and we look forward to seeing you again with us in The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna this is such a great card :) Love the contrast of the woodgrain pattern with the pattern on the sentiment panel! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! Welcome to the Cafe! Your project is wonderful and I love how you interpreted the colors. Glad you came to play with us and I look forward to seeing you next week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the PDCC, Anna! Such a beautiful card! LOVE your distressing and unique design! I hope you'll join us, with your creations, again next week! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the unique shape of your paper through the middle. So glad you played along for the very first time at The Play Date Cafe. Can't wait to have you play along again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this shaped paper!! Beautifully done!!! Thanks for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Anna...the colors are wonderful and you've done a marvelous job with the sketch! So great to have you joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a striking card. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete