Pin It

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

On a Cold Day in Cali

Hi All!
We are having some crazy cold weather for So Cal in mid-May this week! Consequently, I huddled in my room with the space heater and "cleaned". Our old house doesn't heat up so well, so I didn't make it into the craft room (otherwise known as the computer room) because that room is under construction and has a hole where the chimney used to belong and it is COLD!!! So- these cards were made a few weeks ago.
Even though I created a background with doily patterns, the metal studs and the subdued colors have a masculine feel. The sentiment is actually three different stamps that I pieced together, stamped with VersaMark, and heat embossed with black powder. Unfortunately, I have learned that the black powder can actually melt away if the heat is applied for too long. On this sentiment, the right side of the top line is a little melted :(. I think this is probably because my colored embossing powders are very cheap.... (I picked them up clearance at Michael's at least two years ago).
For this card, I stamped the image while the white paper was in one piece and then cut it up. I used two different stamps by Inkadinkado that had similar swirlies. The background is a small polka dot outline that I stamped with VersaMark. The sentiment is actually done with a bright green embossing powder, but it does look fairly black now that it is melted. I added Stickles glitter to all of the green tips, but it doesn't show on the big picture- hopefully it does on this close up.

I inked the edges of each square with a dark purple ink.  I do like the cut-up-image idea, but I think it might work better with a single large image. Thanks for checkin' out the cards!!!

Supplies:
Just a Little Note
   Paper: The Paper Company- Kraft; Papertrey Ink- True Black
   Stamps: Papertrey Ink- Delightful Doilies, Take Three: Summer (to say thanks), Mat Stack 2 (just a little note); Inkadinkado- Round Frames (for making my day)
   Ink: Colorbox- black; VersaMark
   Other: Michael's Stud Embellishment ($1 bin); black embossing powder

Best Wishes
   Paper: Papertrey Ink- Plum Pudding; white scraps
   Stamps: Studio G iClear- VS4911 (polka dot); Inkadinkado Clear Mini- 99031; Papertrey Ink- Mat Stack 2
   Ink: VersaMark; Colorbox- Verdigris; VersaMagic- Purple Hydrangea
   Other: Ranger Stickles- Frosted Lace; green embossing powder; black string
~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment