Pin It

Friday, May 13, 2011

Playing with new toys :)

Hi All!
Today I have some cards to share that I made with my new toys that I got this week. I picked up an Inkadinkado stamp set (Utopiary) in the clearance at Michael's and made this first card with it.
I love the images in this set! The card has a very soft feel to it. I distressed the edges of both layers of the card make a more consistent tone to the card. It was for the Embellish Magazine challenge that ended yesterday. However, blogger was having issues so I had to upload it to my flickr account to enter it into the challenge.

This morning I found my package of Papertrey Ink stamps on my porch!!! Sadly, I only got one card made with them today.
This is a flat, mail-able card that I intend to send out this week. I used my new Damask Design stamp set with VersaMark to create the background on the paper. I really like using the VersaMark as a background creator (which I also did with the polka dots on the first card) because it turns into a design that is slightly darker than the paper. It always matches!!!

Thanks for checkin' out my creations!!! I should have some more tomorrow with my other new Papertrey Ink pretties!

Supplies:
Thinking of You
   Paper: white card at 5" x 5"; Papertrey Ink- Aqua Mist; Pink Paislee- Butterfly Garden Collection
   Stamps: Inkadinkado- Utopiary; Hampton Art- Celebrate and Thanks; Studio G- iClear- Series 57 (polka dots)
   Ink: VersaMark; VersaMagic- Oasis Green, Malted Mauve; Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Vintage Photo
   Other: corner rounder; scrap of ribbon

Thank You so Very Much
   Paper: white card at 5.5" x 4"; scrap of white cardstock; Papertrey Ink-Aqua Mist
   Stamps: Papertrey Ink- Damask Design, Mat Stack 1
   Ink: VersaMark; Papertrey Ink- Ripe Avocado, Scarlet Jewel
   Other: Sharpie in maroon

~Anna

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna, thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I cam over to visit, and wow! both of these cards are wonderful. The tree image in the first one is absolutely gorgeous, and your creation so soft is beautiful. I love all things Papertrey, and your second card is really lovely too. The VersaMark on with the Damask makes such a gorgeous background. I have forgotten about that technique. I think I will try it again myself! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete