Pin It

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Recycle, Reduce, Reuse!!

Hi All!!
Today I have a birthday card to share with you. It's centered around a polka dot theme because I picked up a 3/4" circle punch this week. The circles are all punched from a card that my mom was given recently. It had a pretty pretty sheen on both the pink and the white sides. Recycle! Reduce! Reuse!! eh? I think it's a great example of recycling :)
The ribbon casts a shadow onto the sentiment, so I took a close up as well. It says "wishing you a Happy Birthday".
There are subtle polka dots stamped onto both the white paper and the darker pink. The white paper has a light pink on it and the dark paper has a slight white stamped underneath the big dots. After I had made the darker pink section, I attached the lower light pink section. I noticed that the alignment was slightly off, so I added some more light pink along the top so that it was equal distance from the sides and the bottom. Easy peasy fix!!

Thanks for checkin' out my card!

Supplies
   Paper: white card at 5.5" x 4"; Stemma- Victorian (pink papers)
   Stamps: Studio G- mini polka dots; Papertrey Ink- Birthday Wishes, Mat Stack 1
   Ink: VersaMagic- Malted Mauve; Colorbox- rosebud, chiffon white
   Other: Buttons Galore & More- Plantation; ribbon scrap; brown and white twine; Fiskars- 3/4" circle punch
~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment