Pin It

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

An Affordable Wedding Present

Hi All!
Today I have two projects to share with you. I am a bridesmaid in this wedding and am finding myself very very broke--- therefore, I needed to come up with a good idea for an affordable wedding present. So, I used the photo that was part of the wedding invitation as the centerpiece:
I got the frame at Michael's during a sale with an extra 25% off coupon- a deal I could not have beaten!!! It came with the dual layer mat that I embellished.

First, for the background paper, I heat embossed PTI's Damask Designs with clear embossing powder. I went over it all with the Vintage Photo Distress Ink then took a napkin and wiped down the whole page. By doing this, the distress ink wiped off the stamped images to expose the lighter color underneath.

To create the top layer of the matting, I cut out the same size "mat" in scrap paper and layered strips of tan paper across the whole mat. I trimmed it back to the right size and used the same distress ink over it. The Happily Ever After is a whole sticker image.

My next project was to make the earrings for the bridesmaids.

The pink around the edges is my dress. The earrings are a little bit less intense of a pink, but I think that they will go alright. My instructions were to create something that we could all wear again- so, here it is. I hope the bride (my cousin) likes them!!

I will be gone for pretty much the next week since the wedding is 2000 miles away, so I doubt I'll have any more projects to share until I get home again.

Thanks for checkin' these out!!!

Supplies - for the Wedding Present
   Paper: tan and cream stock
   Stamps: PTI- Damask Designs
   Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Vintage Photo; Studio G- gold; Colorbox- ochre; VersaMark
   Other: A la mode- clear embossing powder; Jolee's Boutique- Happily Ever After; Michael's 8" x 8" photo frame

1 comment: