Pin It

Friday, June 10, 2011

Copics and Paper Masking

Hi All!
A quick post to share two cards I made. First, I have my first attempt at Copic markers. I am now the proud owner of two Copics!! While I'm sure I have a TON to learn about them, I was pretty happy with my first trial- happy enough to make it into a card!!
Unfortunately, I had to use my phone to take the picture, so I think it looks a little pixelated...

Second card- I was inspired by the Finally Friday video on Kristina Werner's blog. She used masking to stamp portions of the card. I used the same idea but with colored ink.
It reminds me a bit of a quilt. To start, I cut scratch paper to the size of the card and in the shapes I wanted. I then attached them to the card with removable adhesive. Then, I removed a section, stamped, replaced the scrap and repeated to all the areas. The sentiment area looked a little unfinished, so I added some scored lines to set it apart.

Tip- I learned somewhere that when I'm scoring in a certain area, first I score the wrong direction (image side up) to get the placement. Then, I flip the card over and score the right direction! Sure is easier than trying to measure and score without seeing the image.

Thanks for checkin' these out!!!

Supplies
Best Wishes
   Paper: white card at 5.5" x 4"; The Paper Company- Double Sided Mulberry; white scraps
   Stamps: Clear Art Stamps- Poppy; Papertrey Ink- Mat Stack 2
   Ink: Colorbox- chestnut; VersaMagic- purple hydrangea
   Other: Copics- G99, RV29; ColorbOk- purple twill; Buttons Galore & More- Plantation; Fiskars- corner rounder; scrap of crochet from somewhere...

Thinking of You
   Paper: 5.5" x 4" white card
   Stamps: Papertrey Ink- Delightful Doilies; Studio G- series 57 backgrounds; Hampton Art- Celebrate and Thanks; Hero Arts- circle pattern
   Ink: Colorbox- merlot, chestnut, olive, stucco, roussillon, ochre, sunflower
   Other: green yarn; Buttons Galore & More- Plantation; Martha Stewert- scoring board, twine
~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment