Pin It

Friday, June 3, 2011

Father's Day Card

Hi All!
Here's a quick post to share the Father's Day card that I created. I have to send it off with my mom this week so she can give it to Dad while they're on vacation. I used the Card Pattern sketch and a technique that I saw on Stamp TV yesterday.

The Stamp TV technique was to ink up one side of an embossing folder before running the folder through the Cuttlebug. I inked up both sides (on separate papers) to see which side worked better. I like them both, so I used them both! I then inked the embossed portion with other colors.

I "framed" the center with score lines that I also inked to stand out. The sentiment is actually three different stamps that I combined... and the Father's portion is not quite centered (which Dad will notice), but I don't have time to re-do it :)
Thanks for checkin' it out!!!

Supplies
   Paper: cream card at 4" x 5.5"; cream scraps; Kraft scraps
   Stamps: Papertrey Ink- Little Bitty Baby Bird (happy, day), Tag It's #2 (father's), Postmarks, Mat Stack 2
   Ink: Colorbox- merlot, chestnut, olive; Studio G- brown, white; Tim Holtz Distress Ink- vintage photo
   Other: brown ribbon; Martha Stewart Score Board; Cuttlebug Embossing folder- Fancy Corners; Papertrey Ink- Mat Stack 2 dye cut
~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment