Pin It

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy 4th of July Card

Hi All!
Today I've combined two challenges: one color challenge from the Play Date Cafe and one sketch challenge from Card Patterns. The colors were barn red, slate blue, and grey- which inspired me to make a 4th of July card!!

This card is a great example of using up my scraps! All of the papers that I used here (except the white card) came straight from my scrap container. My scrap "container" is really a drawer that won't fit back into the holder... so- I need to use my scraps!!!!

I tried some new techniques with this card. For example, I sewed on my machine along the silver stripe- which turned out to be way harder than I thought it would be! I think that I might have had my bobbin in wrong because once I took it out and put it back through, it worked!!! Another new (for me) technique I used was to bend my acrylic stamp to fit the rounded corners and the red circle. My faux stitching stamp is straight, but I arranged (and rearranged and rearranged) it on my acrylic block to fit the curves. Finally, I made my own "sticker" sentiment out of scratch paper and stamps.
Thanks for checkin' out my 4th of July card!!! Oh- and FYI- I finally got my results from my state boards and it's official: I can now practice as an RN in the state of California!!! Woot Woot!!


Supplies
   Paper: white card at 5" x 5"; scraps
   Stamps: Hero Arts- Sew Artsy; Studio G- alphabet stamps; PTI- Mat Stack 1; Hampton Art- Somerset Alphabet
   Ink: Colorbox- black, silver, ruby; VersaMark
   Other: PTI- Delightful Doilies die cut; sewing machine w/ black thread

3 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous patriotic card Anna! Thank you for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job with our colors on a fabulous layout! Love the faux stitching around the edges, really adds such charm! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card--love the patriotic feel! Beautifully done--and the faux stitching is PERFECT:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at the PDCC and playing along with us this week:)

    ReplyDelete