Pin It

Friday, June 24, 2011

Make It Monday- Reverse Masking

Hi All!
I've been away for the week because I was studying for my state boards and then I took them. And no, I don't have results yet.. ahhh!!!  I am so not a patient waiter! I want my results now!

So anyway, I have a Make It Monday challenge to share. This week they challenged us to make cards with "reverse masking". To see this technique you can check out the blog here
My card is more pink and less yellow in person... For this card, I cut scratch paper to the size of the card and punched circles out around the edge. I used removable adhesive to attach it to the card front. Then, I took the various sized stamps in the Papertrey Ink Damask Design set to stamp each circle. Here's a close up:
In order to make sure that the circles stand out, I added some pink distress ink to each image before removing my template. I also outlined each circle with Diamond Glaze to accent them.

Thanks so much for checkin' these out!!!

Supplies
   Paper: white card at 4" x 5.5"
   Stamps: PTI- Mat Stack 1, Damask Designs, Communique Curves Sentiments
   Ink: Studio G- hot pink; Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Victorian Velvet; VersaMagic- wheat
   Other: Judi Kins- Diamond Glaze; circle puncher

No comments:

Post a Comment