Pin It

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge

Hi All!
Today I am going to participate in my first ever Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!! How exciting! All the participants are to create with inspiration from this photo:
My card has a similar feel to the background and the children items in the photo inspired me to make a kid-like flower for a centerpiece.
To create the flower, I cut out several (10) 5/8" circles from the edge of the 12" x 12" paper. Then I added some glue around the edge of the back of the circle. I lightly LIGHTLY pressed the small circles around the large circle. It is super important to not press them on hard because, inevitably, the last circle does not fit and half the circles need slight adjustments to make the last one fit. Only when I am completely happy with the shape do I press the circles firmly.

I used the white gel pen several places here to finish it off. I also added a circle of Diamond Glaze around the center circle of the flower. The only stamps I used were Papertrey Ink.

Thanks so much for checkin' it out!!! Good luck on winning the prize!


Supplies
   Paper: white card at 5.5" x 4"; K & Company- Best of Brenda Walton
   Stamps: PTI- Take Three Summer, Tag Its #2
   Ink: Studio G- hot pink; Colorbox- Stucco; Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Victorian Velvet
   Other: circle punch; Judi Kins- Diamond Glaze; Inkssentials- white pen

10 comments:

  1. Welcome to the hop! Your card is beautiful. Love your attention to detail. Looking forward to many more months of lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I love the earthy color tones on this card, and your flower is perfect. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you drew inspiration from the gradient color, but didn't necessarily keep to the same colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool flower...I love it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used the photo to inspire you, and the flower is such a neat idea! Great job, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty flower! Very nice range of colors!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your interpretation of the photo. So wonderful!! I love the kid-like flower.

    ReplyDelete