Pin It

Monday, July 18, 2011

CAS Boy Birthday Card

Hi All!
Today I have a CAS (clean and simple) boy birthday card for my nephew. The CAS-ual Friday challenge is to use a sweet or a treat in the card.

I don't have many sweet themed decorations, so I used my cricut to cut out a birthday cake.
I inked up the various layers and added some stamping to the top and bottom of the card. The colors don't really show up on the pic, but the colors along the top and bottom are lime green and orange and the sentiment is cerulean blue.
I also added some score lines at the top and bottom. The design from cricut had three candles, but I only used two because my nephew turned two! Yes, turned... as in past tense... because I am a horrible late aunt!
But- it won't happen next year!!!! I will have an organized married life with a full time job this time next year! Did I mention that I got hired last week at my local hospital??? Yup! I am psyched!!!!

Thanks for checkin' it out!!

Supplies
   Paper: white card at 4" x 5.5"; blue and green scraps
   Stamps: PTI- Little bitty bird, Birthday Basics, Flower Fusion #2
   Ink: Studio G- white, orange, lime; Colorbox- sunflower, cerulean
   Other: Cricut with the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge; Martha Stewart Scoring Board

4 comments:

  1. Oh so cute! I love the paper pieced cake! Adorable! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the details on this cake!!The added score line are fantastic! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo love this cricut cake, looks yummy! Love the colors you used too :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete