Pin It

Monday, July 25, 2011

Color Splash: Turquoise

Hi All!
After I finished my first colorsplash card last night, I HAD to make another one for the Play Date Cafe challenge!!!
 This time I used turquoise for the splash of color.
If you didn't notice, this is a little outside my comfort zone. I usually make very clean and simple cards and I feel a bit unsure about how to make a busy card... However- I succeeded! I think this is a very busy card- and I love it!
The background paper is PTI's true black with Damask Designs heat embossed in white powder. All of the turquoise is from an ink pad. I inked the white cardstock, the white doily, and the center circle.

I had originally stamped the happy birthday in turquoise on the white piece and decided it was too hard to read. So- I restamped the frame on white, cut it out, inked it, and stamped in black!

Thanks for checkin' it out!

Supplies
   Paper: PTI- true black, white; white card at 4" x 5.5"
   Stamps: PTI- Damask Designs, Mat Stack 2, Birthday Basics
   Ink- VersaMark; VersaMagic- aquatic splash; Colorbox- black
   Other: doily; PTI- Mat Stack 2 die cut; white embossing powder

2 comments:

  1. Lovely use of the layered turquoise/mint colour Anna :) Thanks for playing along again at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Anna...that shade of turquoise is lovely! Awesome "busy" card...those are my very fave! (Along with doilies!) Love how you colored it as well...looks fabulous on your card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete