Pin It

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Glitter Glue Dots!

Hi All!

Here is a card that I made for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge made with the colors for the CR84FN challenge. For CAS-ual Fridays, the challenge was to use glue dots or glue runners with glitter. The colors for the CR84FN were celery, lavendar, and gray.

I found both glue dots and a glue tape thingy in my drawer, so I thought I'd try them out. I have no doubt that the glue dot (at the top of the tree) will hold the glitter, but the tape is super old and not super strong. So- will it last til Christmas? We'll have to see!!!

I stamped the sentiment in lavender and then clear embossed it. However, the embossing was really splotchy so I embossed again with VersaMark over the first one. It's better, but the happy is not quite lined up... Oh well!

Oh- in case you're wondering- the house buying process is ridiculous! At least I think so! We made our offer and waited our three days for them to respond (with what I assumed would be a yes or a counter offer) and they gave us a "We're going to wait to decide because we think there's going to be another offer made soon"!!! Ugh! So, yesterday we did get a counter offer- unfortunately the other offer was made and they got a counter as well... We're meeting with the lender today to figure out the kinks- but hopefully we'll get the house this week!

Thanks for checkin' it out!

Supplies
   Paper: cream card at 5.5" x 4"; Upsy Daisy- blossom
   Stamps: PTI- wreath for all seasons, Bday Basics; Hero Arts- Merriest Wishes
   Ink- VersaMark; VersaMagic- Pretty Petunia; Colorbox- Ant. Pewter
   Other: gold glitter; a la mode clear embossing powder; glue dots and strip

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love how you blinged with the dot and a strip. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, LOVE the hint of lavendar of your card edge and the glitter on the glue elements! So pretty for Christmas! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Anna! The shimmery border looks fab! Thanks for joining along
    with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete