Pin It

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Make It Monday- Custom Ribbon

Hi All!

Today I have my entry to the Make It Monday challenge. The challenge was to make custom ribbon with copic markers. So- that severely limited me since I own 2 copic markers... I also really did not like this because the first two ribbons I drew on bled like crazy! But, I got one bit made with a single line that seemed to work:


I wanted to use the Wreath for all Seasons in a non-Christmas card- and I think I succeeded.

I just bought a circles Nestibilities set and needed to try it out. So- layered circles! The largest circle has woodgrain clear embossed on yellow paper (because I have a LOT of yellow around for my Save the Dates and invitations). I then distressed it with brown. 

I am not very good at the busy card thing, but I want to get better. Therefore, I am looking closely at busy cards to determine exactly what the difference is. One thing that I have noticed is that the busy-card-makers tend to have their buttons threaded.... so, one small change I made.

Thanks for checkin' it out!!!


Supplies
   Paper: PTI- Terracotta Tile; scraps of yellow, brown, and teal
   Stamps: PTI- Wreath for all Seasons, Background Basics- Woodgrain, Flower Fusion #3; Stamendous- Wedding Words
   Ink: VersaMark; Colorbox- olive, chestnut, roussillion; Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Vintage Photo
   Other: a la mode- clean embossing powder; white ribbon; Copic G99; button (with thread!)

1 comment:

  1. Nice card Anna I love the size of the card too. Nice tag and ribbon stripe

    ReplyDelete