Pin It

Monday, August 15, 2011

Shabby Chic Birthday

Hi All!

I have been trying to make a "busy" card that really looks nice- not just busy! This is my favorite attempt so far!


This birthday card is for my sister-in-law whose birthday is today! So, if you see this Dani, Happy 25th Birthday!

To get the look I wanted, I started with a "busy" patterned paper from Pink Paislee. Then I stitched around it (no knots this time!!) and distressed it with pink distress ink. On the doily I used the pink distress ink as well as gold ink. The gold gives off a nice shimmer!

I decided to sew the sentiment onto the card on one edge so that it has some dimension. The flowers also add some height, but not too much. At least, I hope not too much because I sent it through the mail without any special packaging!!!

Thanks for checkin' it out!

Supplies
   Paper: Pink Paislee- Butterfly Garden; cream card at 4" x 5.5"
   Stamps: PTI- damask designs
   Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Victorian Velvet; Martha Stewart- Hibiscus; Studio G- gold
   Other: doily; flowers (from a class I took over a year ago); PolyMark- White Pearls; Sewing machine with black thread

No comments:

Post a Comment