Pin It

Friday, September 9, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Paper Pierced Turkey

Hi All!

Today I have a card for the CAS-ual Friday #19 challenge: Falling to Pieces. This translates to "paper piercing"! I am slightly embarrassed to say this, but I guess I should- I have never done paper piercing before! And, I am soooo in love with the results!


I stamped the turkey onto the background paper and four other scraps. I cut out the various "feathers" and glued them down.

The sentiment was stamped in four different sections because I didn't want to cut up my stamp. It was actually a birthday sentiment- I swapped out the word "day" for "FALL".  I love it!!!

Thanks for checkin' it out!

Supplies
   Paper: cream card at 4" x 5.5"; PTI- terra cotta; scraps
   Stamps: Fiskars- Turkey Lurkey; PTI- Birthday Basics, Wreath for all Seasons
   Ink: Colorbox- chestnut, olive
   Other: scissors and glue

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your craftsmanship is so superb as I can't tell they were paper-pieced! Just fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks such a smart fella with his paper pieced feathers :)
    Love the CAS design too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little guy! Fabulous paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use paper piecing! Love it. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this paper pieced turkey! Simplicity at its best :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete