Pin It

Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Card and Pasta Carbonara

Hi All!

It has been awhile since I've had time to post, but I believe that is going to change now. I've been married for almost a month now and am finally feeling a little settled. Of course, working nights doesn't help a whole lot! I haven't been able to craft much lately since I don't really have much of a craft room right now... This is where I'm working from:
I moved over about half of my crafting supplies so I could attempt to make something for my husband on V-day. Here's what I ended up with.

I used a card I saw on Kristina Werner's blog as inspiration. 
I was going to use a white pen too, but then I realized that I didn't move my pens/markers.... So, I had to use a regular pen to write "I love" and black to stamp my lines. To make the background paper, I stamped and restamped the the "U" with versamark ink. I did make sure to heat emboss the white first because the versamark takes so long to dry and I didn't want to have powder sticking to other areas- especially since I don't have my paint brushes here to brush away excess powder :)

For our V-day dinner we made a simple pasta dish per my husbands request before I had to leave for work. He ate the dish once years ago and wasn't sure how to replicate it, so I found a recipe for it by Emeril here. DELISH!!!
The pasta has just enough . . . stick to it to make eating it easy and it was soooo flavorful! An absolute winner!

Thanks for checkin' it out!!!


Supplies
Paper: kraft card at 5.5"x4.25"; PTI- ripe avocado, red scrap
Stamps: PTI- sweet baby; Hero Arts- swe artsy; Inkadinkado- Somerset Alphabet
Ink:  Versamark; Tim Holtz Distress Ink- vintage photo
Other: regular black pen, white embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment