Pin It

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Something Different- hair!

Hi All,

I don't usually share much personal information on here, but I'm finding myself a little overwhelmed right now with work affecting my life.

I'm a nurse...

An RN...

I work nights on a med-surg floor...

That's three 12.5 hour shifts a week...

7 pm to 730 am...

I am a newlywed...

I can get great sleep during the day... Alone

I CANNOT get good sleep at night next to my husband because I don't spend enough nights sharing the bed...

I feel like a zombie most of the time...

I'm exhausted!

It has a bad effect on the rest of my life...

Soooo....
I am trying to find some hope; some small things to cheer me up...

And that leads me to hair!

When I was 18 I really wanted to become a hair stylist, but I also wanted to become a nurse. I logically knew that a nurse would have a more stable job and I went that way. Throughout school I did learn to love nursing... And then I graduated and got hired...

And now I'm exhausted and having trouble loving anything....

So, back to hair- I had a mini-melt down last week (crying hysterically in my husbands shoulder) After calming down and praying it out, I felt better. I talked with a fellow-nurse-friend and she encouraged me enough that I felt like I could make little changes to help me enjoy life more.

First, I know that when I look like a slob, I feel like a slob... Solution- take the extra 10-20 minutes a day to do my hair! (I do already take the time to do my make-up daily)

I follow a blog called The Small Things Blog where the author, Kate, provides hair tutorials. I find her blog to be very inspirational! It also helps that my hair is cut very similarly to hers- although I can't say it normally looks like hers!!!

Last week I tried her Ballerina Bun style, except I turned mine into a double :) Here's a picture of the results :)

 It's just one small step that I'm taking... and it seems to be helping!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment