Pin It

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Make It Monday #60- Generational Stamping

Hi All!

I hope you are all enjoying this wonderful spring weather!!! I haven't been able to be out in it too much, but I've certainly enjoyed seeing it and watching everything bloom!

We bought our house in November as a short sale... where they had stopped watering the lawns. My big priority has been to get our front yard looking as good as our neighbors and I'm happy to report that all my hard work (i.e. nagging my husband to do all the yard work) has paid off!!! We have a green lawn and living bushes in the front yard! Now the back is a different story... one that will have a sequel!

Today I have my Make It Monday card to share:

I started with a blank white piece of paper and stamped two different flowers and a few different leaves with Papertrey Ink's Rosie Posie.  With the stamp off technique (see the original PTI blog post for details)  I felt like the whole image should have some softening, so I added some background stamping on top. Also, I distressed the edges of the white paper as well as the kraft. I like the overall feel of it.

It is a completely flat, mail-able card! There is a little extra texture to the pendant with some glossy accents, but not too much.

Thanks for checkin' it out!


Supplies
Paper: Kraft cardstock folded to 4.25" x 5.5", white cardstock, scraps
Stamps: PTI- rosie posie, door to door; Inkadinkado- background script
Ink: PTI- ripe avocado, berry sorbet; VersaMagic- wheat; Brilliance- coffee bean, moonlight white; Martha Stewart- hibiscus; Colorbox- thistle, olive; Tim Holtz Distress Ink- antique linen
Other: Diamond Glaze

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful effect with rosie posie!! Beautiful colors and great tag layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, this is so beautifully done! I love those hexagons behind your darker images. I have not tried this technique yet, but still hoping to get it on this week. Your blog is beautiful. I enjoyed strolling through it. Thanks too for your kind comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It creates a beautiful watercolor effect! LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love how you overlapped the hexagon bkg pattern on top of the flowers...great job! it creates a wonderful dimensional effect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stamping! Thanks for participating in Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete