Pin It

Monday, October 21, 2013

Make It Monday #137: Dimensional Leaf Wreath + Tuesday Trigger

Hi All!

Today I played along with Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday #137: Dimensional Leaf Wreath inspiration. You can see the video for the challenge HERE.



At first I thought I didn't have the right supplies to complete this challenge, but then I realized I could use the Rosie Posie leaves in fall colors. I used dimensional adhesive on the tips of the leaves and glued the bases down to the card to give them more of a lift. By creating the contrast in heights for the leaves, the dimension becomes more apparent. 

For the background I glued the hexagons down using the hexagon die template as a guide. I was initially planning on using the grid created from the die cut, but I like the look of the hexagons even better.

Thanks for stopping by!

ETA: I realized that this card would also be perfect for Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger - Enthralled with Fall!!! I love the inspirational pic:
from here

I love the dimension of the leaves in this picture and it goes along with my thought process making this card.
Supplies
 Paper: white card stock, Prima-Breathe collection
Stamps: PTI- modern wood mats, wreath for all seasons, rosie posie; Hero Arts- sew artsy
Ink: PTI- harvest gold, fine linen, canyon clay, scarlet jewel, ripe avocado; Brilliance- coffee bean
Other: PTI- hexagon die plate, rosie posie leaf die


12 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea to use Rose Posie Anna! Your card is beautiful and I love the hexagons in that color…just perfect for fall! I love the layout and flow of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the autumnal colours in your wreath

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Anna! Love the design and fall colours, great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design here. Did you draw the lines? They're perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used a stitched line stamp by Hero Arts (Sew Artsy) and masked off the hexagons where it connects.

      Delete
  5. Love the hexagons with the leaf wreath! So fall like and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty hexagon background with those lovely fall leaves! Great layout and dimension, Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hexagon base - your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool use of the hexagons. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome idea using some hexagons as a backdrop for your colored leaves. I forgot about the leaves in Rosie Posie. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Anna! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hexies, leaves, and autumn! What a beautiful combination. Love this lovely card.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete